Lentil and Potato Soup
1 onion medium diced
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 carrots medium diced
2 celery stalks medium diced
50 g prosciutto diced or pancetta
2 medium yellow potatoes medium diced
2 cups of green lentils
1 lt chicken stock
½ tsp Chilli flakes
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 parmesan rind
1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf)
· In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add the prosciutto and cook until it gets crispy.
· Add the onion, chilli flakes, fennel seeds and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
· Add the garlic, carrots and celery and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
· Add the lentils and top up with chicken stock
· Add the parmesan rind and bouquet garni
· In a separate pot, blanch the potato half way and set aside.
· When the lentils are al dente add the potato and let it finish cooking.
· Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* You can take out the prosciutto if you are vegetarian and use water instead of chicken stock.
4 Courses dinner with wine pairing with a Personal Sommelier!
Braised beef cheek, Roasted turnip puree, Cipollini,Black kale, Red wine jus.
if you love chocolate, you can't really go wrong with this one! love it!
Red wine braised beef cheek, parsnips three ways, Swiss Chard and Red wine jus.
Chef Michele Pizzulo